Community :: Youth Groups
Emanuel Congregation is also home to youth programs for students in grades 5-12. Together with their advisors and peers, students have opportunities throughout the year to:
• Socialize with their Jewish friends from Emanuel.
• Engage in social action projects throughout Chicago.
• Expand their Jewish learning on topics of their choice.
• Participate in regional and national Reform Jewish youth programming.
• Plan and execute the annual Purim Carnival for the congregation.
Emanuel has two youth groups, the Seniors and Juniors. Each group organizes its activities under its youth advisors:
Annie Azriel will be joining Emanuel Congregation as the Senior Youth Advisor. Annie graduated from Bradley University with a Bachelors in Social Work in 2011 and worked for FamilyCore in Peoria, IL as a Foster Care Caseworker. While in Peoria Annie started and ran a youth group for kindergarten to fifth graders, taught sunday school, and directed the Hebrew program at the local synagogue. This year Annie will be moving back to Chicago to attend the University of Illinois Chicago to obtain her Master’s Degree in Social Work. Annie is excited for the opportunity to work with the High Schoolers at Emanuel and provide them with the amazing experiences as a Chicago Jewish youth.